Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Semester 4: Part 2 (Psychiatric Miri)

After Bako, my group went to Miri for our next clinical attachment. This time we will be going to the psychiatric unit. My group is still the same; Aaron, Calhiem, Zaid and myself. This time around, Azmee joined us after he was separated from since he was having his attachment at KK Buntal last time. I was kinda busy that month for i had to organize the Battle Of The Bands in our college. Yeah, i do have to fulfill my duty as the Student Council's President. So you can imagine how busy i was dividing my time and commitment. :-)

One of the band competing that night

I was one of the judges (muahahaha)

The crowds: KSKBians and KKAKians

Me and the BOTB crews - love 'em all

We went to Miri on Sunday morning (morning after the Battle of the Bands finished) and arrived there at night time. It took us around 13 hours bus ride from Kuching to Miri. It was exhausting but it was well worth it. I lived in Miri when i was a kid and i was very excited to come back there. We arrived at night time and boy, the hostel was sooooo fabulous. Azmee and I shared a room. We even have our own kitchen for us to cook. Hahaha.

Cooking with Salman

The next day, we had our orientation at the Psychiatric unit. There we met our Local Prosecutor, AMO Jubaidi. At first, i didnt like psychiatric unit. Frankly speaking, i was kinda scared with people with mental-illness. Well, that was before.... hahaha.

Our first day at Psy Unit

We had so much fun in Miri. Lucky for us it was February so we had Chinese New Year holidays as well. One of my highschool friend, Danny came for holidays in Miri and he brought us exploring the place during the holidays. It was awesome. I even sprained my ankle when we were playing Dance Revolution game at the arcade. Hahaha.

The pic was taken a few minutes before i sprained my ankle

We went to lotsa places around the city. We went to the Miri Crocodile Farm and believe it or not, i took pictures with a python for the first time in my life. It was really terrifying but fun at the same time. I cant explain how hard i screamed when i was holding the reptile. Hahahaha.

Miri Crocodile Farm

Me & Azmee with this enormous reptile

I nearly shit in my pants! LOLZ

Miri Psychiatric unit was fun. We had this morning exercise slot every morning so basically i was the one who leads all the patients and staffs doing the exercises and their personal favorite; The Chicken Dance. Yeah, we were having tonnes of fun. Not to mention, we were having fun playing with all the patients. That really changed my idea on mentally-ill patient. They are not that aggressive. Hahaha.

Chicken dance

Speaking of aggressive, i once accidentally locked myself inside the ward where an aggressive patient was held when i was giving him lunch. Knowing i was being locked inside, i screamed for my dear life as i was scared to death. Luckily nothing bad happened. Hahaha.
There was this funny incident where i was finishing my case study. I really didnt know what was going on with my head that time and i accidentally deleted my case study without saving it! Imagine i have to redo it again and i slept around 4am because of that. Damn. Hahaha.

Myself with Aaron & Salman

We even celebrated Aaron's birthday. We had soooo much fun!

Aaron's birthday party with pizza as the birthday cake.

Hmmm....it was sad to leave Miri. My group and the other group decided to threw a party for all the staffs and the patients. We collected money and bought foods and cooked everything on our own. It felt awesome to give back as the way to say thanks.

Our chef: Nelson

Our party at the dining hall

Team D1 & D2

Miri was fun...and i knew for sure, i will be coming back next semester. Hahaha. After Miri, we had our one week mid-term holidays. Azmee and Aaron decided to go back with me to Sibu. Well, that was another story. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment